EZ-STEER power steering kit for the Polaris Ranger Midsize is the most advanced kit on the market. Designed to make your ride better, EZ-STEER drastically reduces steering effort allowing for longer more enjoyable rides. Along with enhanced steering, power steering will virtually eliminate bump steer and provide a smooth and consistent ride.
Unlike other kits, EZ-STEER has sealed input and output shaft as well as a unique injection molded Control Box seal guaranteeing a 100% watertight kit. What does this mean for you? Submerge, pressure wash, or hose- our sealed circuit board is guaranteed to keep you going.
Each EZ-STEER design endures rigorous testing to ensure the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. Maneuver through the rocks and technical terrain with more control. Speed through uneven terrain without wheel jerk. Dominate the mud holes and come out with ease.
*Pricing mentioned in video reflects 2015 pricing which is no longer offered by the manufacturer. The price shown at the top of the page is the lowest retail price offered by the manufacturer, and cannot be found elsewhere for less.
Keep all stock hardware and components.
1. Remove Window, if present, and Raise Hood. See Fig. 1.
2. Remove Steering Wheel along with any Spacers and Washers.
3. Remove (3) Torx Head Screws located where Dash installs to Frame. See Fig. 2.
4. Remove any Wire Harness’ that are connected to Dash. See Fig. 3.
5. Remove Parking Brake Knob and Ignition Switch. See Fig. 4.
6. From inside Glove Box, remove Torx Head Screw. If applicable, Driver Side Storage Bin also contains a Torx
Head Screw. See Fig. 5 and Fig. 5a.
7. Remove Plastic Rivets where Dash installs to Firewall. See Fig. 5a and Fig. 6.
8. Raise Dash and support with a strap. See Fig. 7.
9. Remove Accelerator. See Fig. 8.
10. Remove Brake Pedal. See Fig. 9 and Fig. 9a.
Following Steps refer to removing Firewall
11. Remove Plastic Rivets and Torx Head Screws as shown in Fig. 10 - 10b and Firewall Reference.
12. Remove Driver and Passenger Side Floor Panels shown in Fig. 11 - 11a to access remaining Torx Head
13. Remove Firewall.
14. From Driver Side Fender Well, remove Inner Panel. See Fig. 12.
15. Remove hardware securing Rack and Pinion to Frame. Leave Rack and Pinion in place See Fig. 13 - 13b.
15. Remove Stock Steering Shaft. See Fig. 14.
Do not tighten hardware completely unless noted.
1. Install U-Joint (E) to Rack and Pinion with
provided hardware. See Fig. 1.
2. Install Motor (E) onto U-Joint (E) with provided
hardware. See Motor Shafts Detail and Fig. 1.
3. Install Mounting Bracket (D) to Frame with M6-
1.0 x 20mm Lg. HHCS (G), M6 Flat Washers
(L), and M6-1.0 Nylock Nuts (M). See Fig. 2.
4. Install Motor (J) to Mounting Bracket (D) with
M8-1.25 x 20mm Lg. Hex Flange Bolts (A).
Slight bending of Bracket may be required for
clearance. See Figs. 3 - 3a.
5. Insert Steering Shaft (F), along with stock
Spacers and Washers, into Steering Tube.
Secure to Motor (J) with provided hardware.
Reinstall Steering Wheel along with stock
Spacers and Washers. See Figs. 4 - 4a.
6. Install Control Box (H) to Frame with M6-
1.0 x 16mm Lg. HHCS (B). See Control Box
Mounting, page 8.
7. Tighten all hardware and plug Wiring Harness
(K) into Control Box (H). See Connections and
Wiring Detail, page 10.
Firewall must be trimmed before
reinstalling. See Fig. 5, page 12.
8. Reverse steps taken in “Disassembly”, page 3,
to reinstall necessary components.
A M8-1.25 x 20mm Lg. Hex Flange Bolts
B M6-1.0 x 16mm Lg. HHCS
C Control Box Bracket
D Mounting Bracket
F Steering Shaft
G M6-1.0 x 20mm Lg. HHCS
H Control Module
K Wiring Harness
L M6 Flat Washers
M M6-1.0 Nylock Nuts
P Plastic Rivets
Q 16” x 16” Rubber Mat
Wiring Details continued
Except for Accessory Lead, Terminal Block does not come wired from factory.
- Installer can run #8 or larger negative and positive wires from Battery to Terminal Block and connect.
- Connect Black (-) and Red (+) wires from Wire Harness (K) to Terminal Block.
- Route Black (-) and Red (+) wires from Wire Harness (K) to Battery and connect.
If an accessory is factory installed (Winch, Lights, etc.) then Terminal Block may be wired. Connect
Black (-) and Red (+) wires from Wire Harness (K) to Terminal Block.