This Can Am Commander power steering kit features EZ-STEER, which provides a long and enjoyable ride by reducing steering effort.
Can Am Commander riders love how easy this power steering kit makes it to turn. EZ-STEER all but eliminates bump steer and creates a consistent and smooth ride. The input and output shafts are sealed, and the control box seal is watertight, allowing you to submerge or pressure wash your UTV without damaging the circuit board for the power steering. Less steering effort means you can navigate more mud, rocks, and uneven terrain minus the wheel jerk. This makes driving your Can-Am Commander more enjoyable than ever and reduces driver fatigue.
More Items to Consider
*Pricing mentioned in video reflects 2015 pricing which is no longer offered by the manufacturer. The price shown at the top of the page is the lowest retail price offered by the manufacturer, and cannot be found elsewhere for less.
Before installing, ensure that all Gaskets in electrical connections are properly seated.
- If Gaskets are not seated use a Flathead Screwdriver to seat. Item
Removal: keep all components removed from machine
- Remove Steering Wheel.
- Remove Steering Shaft from Steering Column.
- Remove stock Steering Column from Rack and Pinion and machine.
- Models with stock power steering, see following page.
- Remove Voltage Regulator and Ground Wires.
Installation: Do not tighten hardware completely unless noted.
1. Install Lower Shaft (E) to Rack and Pinion with supplied hardware. See Fig. 1.
2. Install Mounting Bracket (P) to Passenger Side of stock Bracket with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS and M6-1.0 Nylock Nut. Complete installation with M10-1.50 x 50mm Lg. FHCS and M10 Plate Nut. See Figs. 2 - 3.
3. Install Voltage Regulator to Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS and M6-1.0 Nylock Nuts. Install Voltage Regulator to lowest point on Regulator Relocating Bracket (N). See Figs. 2 - 2a. - Install Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) to Driver Side of stock Bracket. Join Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) and Mounting Bracket (P) together with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS and M6-1.0 Nylock Nut. See Figs. 2 - 3.
4. Reinstall Ground Wires to Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) and stock Bracket with stock hardware. See Figs. 2 - 2a.
5. Install Motor (C) to Lower Shaft (E) with supplied hardware. See Motor Shafts Detail and Fig. 4.
6. Bolt Motor Bracket (F) to Motor (C) with M8-1.25 x 20mm Lg. FHCS. Secure Motor Bracket (F) to Mounting Bracket (P) with M8-1.25 x 25mm Lg. FHCS and M8- 1.25 Nylock Nuts. See Fig. 4.
7. Install Upper Shaft (D) to Motor (C) with supplied hardware. See Fig. 4.
8. Install ECU (A) to Motor Bracket (F) with M6-1.0 x 15mm Lg. HHCS; tighten hardware. - Plug in Wire Harness (B). See Wiring Details page 10.
9. Install stock Steering Shaft to Upper Shaft (D) and reinstall Steering Wheel.
10.Ensure no components are binding, rubbing, or causing interference and tighten all hardware completely.