In early 2013, Wildcat announced plans to produce an all-new 50-inch wide Wildcat that would rival the popular Polaris RZR 800 and now they're almost here. Dealers say they're anticipating having them arrive in as little as two weeks. Powersports enthusiasts and dealers alike are eager to see the 2014 50-inch wide Wildcat up close and take them out for a test drive.
"The new 50-inch trail model builds upon the success of our pure-sport Wildcat," said Claude Jordan, Arctic Cat's chairman and CEO. "Our 50-inch model will feature everything enthusiasts love about the Wildcat, including the styling, and will lead the trail category with an unmatched suspension and ride-in comfort. Combine this with an all-new twin-cylinder engine and consumers will have an unrivalled Wildcat riding experience."
50-Inch Wide Wildcat Trail Features
- 4-valve, liquid cooled, twin cylinder EFI engine with 60+ horsepower (compared to the competition's 53 HP)
- 50" wide, 64.3" low and 110.5" long to take you places you could never go in a UTV before
- 10" of ground clearance with 10.25" of rear suspension travel
- Double A-Arm suspension in front and rear
- FOX nitrogen gas-charged shocks to take on the roughest trails and sharpest turns
- On-the-fly 2WD/4WD with electric front differential lock
- Rugged 4-ply Carlisle Trail Pro tires and 12" steel wheels
- TEAM® Rapid Response clutch making your wheels ready to respond to just about anything
- Digital gauge with 14 indicators (clock/hour meter, fuel level, mode button, set/reset button, odometer/trip, gear position, speedometer/tachometer, needle display, differential lock, high beam, temperature and oil pressure)
- Tilt steering with infinite adjustments
- Passenger handholds
- 300 lb. capacity rear cargo box
- Standard 2" receiver for your hitch
- Available colors: green, lime, red
MSRP: from $10,999
50-Inch Wide Wildcat Trail XT Features
- All base model features, plus…
- Rugged 4-ply Carlisle Trail Pro tires and 12" aluminum wheels
- Color-matched bucket seats
- Available colors: Team Arctic green metallic paint, matte black paint
MSRP: from $11,999
A Word from the Analysts
"We think the vehicle looks very appealing to riders in areas where forests dominate the landscape. The Trail is the first side-by-side from any company to challenge Polaris' dominance of this segment since the introduction of its RZR 800 in MY2008," BMO Capital Markets analyst Gerrick Johnson reports. "The Wildcat Trail boasts impressive numbers on paper: 700cc of displacement generating 60-plus horsepower, 10.5 inches of suspension travel and is priced $500 cheaper than the Polaris RZR 800 it will compete against."
About the Author: J.M. Stickney is a powersports enthusiast working as the Digital Marketing Manager at GearUp2Go. She loves to ride her Suzuki GSX-R600 on the street or at the track. While not on her bike she spends a lot of time outdoors, writing, reading, running or spending time with her family.