Polaris Industries has recently been awarded a military contract with the German Army to provide Sportsman® MV 850's to its forces. This ultra-light tactical ATV vehicle was originally designed specifically for the U.S. military and allied forces.
The MV 850 allows armies to transport personnel and their gear through extreme off-road terrain. Each ATV is powered by an 850cc 4-stroke SOHC twin cylinder gas engine that can crank out 77 hp. The MV 850's Polaris is building for Germany will also be equipped with:
- 600 lb total metal rack system load capacity (the highest capacity of any ATV)
- 200 lbs of gear can be loaded on the front
- with up to 400 lbs of gear on the back
- 11.75 gallon total fuel capacity (2 tanks)
- 5.25 gal standard tank
- 6.5 gal reserve tank
- Blackout lighting with IR light capability
- An optional litter mount
- Keyless ignition
- Fixed front winch
- Electric power steering for the smoothest, most responsive power steering available and the least amount of steering fatigue.
This is just another clear testimony to the demand that has been growing for the Polaris Defense Military vehicles. "It is our goal to match the warfighter's mission requirements with our best value product," said Rich Haddad, general manager of Polaris Defense.
About the Author: J.M. Stickney is a powersports enthusiast working as the Digital Marketing Manager at GearUp2Go. She loves to ride her Suzuki GSX-R600 on the street or at the track. While not on her bike she spends a lot of time outdoors, writing, reading, running or spending time with her family.