Brand: Kolpin Powersports
This full-tilt, Polaris Tip Out Windshield for the Polaris RZR 900 / 1000 models is designed to tip out to three (3) positions! It provides the added benefit of being able to regulate the right blend of airflow, visibility, and protection making your riding experience more comfortable for you and your passengers.
Made of abrasive-resistant GE Lexan MR10, this functionally sound windshield is also extremely durable! Unlike some of the competitor tilting windshields on the market, this Polaris Tip Out Windshield is trailerable in the fully closed position!
READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLATION TO
AVOID INJURY TO YOURSELF, DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE OR ACCESSORY.
These instructions contain important information for future reference and must be given to the customer at time of
purchase or upon completion of installation.
. a) Find a clean flat area where you can safely lay down the lower
windshield (Item B). Partially remove the protective film on both sides
and apply the edge guard strip (Item D) to the upper lip using manual
pressure to ensure good adhesion to the windshield and cut any excess.
Follow the same procedure to install the co-extruded bulb seal (Item C)
to the lower lip.
b) Find a clean flat area where you can safely lay down the upper windshield (Item A). Partially remove the protective film on both sides and apply the self adhesive foam cushion (Item E) to the lower lip using manual pressure to ensure good adhesion to the windshield and cut any excess.
c) Find a clean flat area where you can safely lay down the upper windshield (Item A). Partially remove the protective film on both sides of the windshield and attach pivot components (Item H & I) to the upper windshield using supplied hardware (Item G) as shown. All screws that are passing through the windshield will be tightened later in step f). Do not over-tighten the screws that combine the slide arm with the lower pivot, those 2 parts need to swivel
d) Attach clamps (Item F) to the roll cage of your vehicle using supplied hardware (Item G) as shown. The lower clamp set must be installed with the threaded inserts facing the front of the vehicle. The remaining clamp sets must be installed with the threaded inserts aligned from right to left of the roll cage. Tighten only the 4 socket cap screws M6 x 45. Do not tighten the clamps to the roll cage at this stage; you will need to make adjustments later on.
Torque specifications must be followed when tightening bolts.
Over-tightening any and/or all screws will cause cracks around mounting holes which is not covered by any
e) Install the lower windshield to both lower clamps using supplied hardware (Item G) without applying final torque. Adjust the position of the windshield and tighten all screws with specified torque indicated below. Ensure that the windshield is perfectly level before tightening. If the windshield isn’t level, windshield functions will be affected. Over-tightening clamps to roll bar could cause parts failures
To prevent any parts failure during installation and/or removal, the upper windshield must ALWAYS be
properly supported by TWO people, one on each side, with one hand located on the lower edge and the other
by the upper pivot.
One person alone CANNOT install and/or remove the upper windshield without over-flexing and
stressing the material. This action may cause breakage and/or cracks to the windshield.
This is not covered by any warranty.
f) With TWO people, install the upper windshield to the vehicle by following instructions below
1. Make sure that both upper clamps are at the same height.
2. Hold the upper windshield horizontally and slide it down by ensuring that both upper pivot cylinder adaptors are going through the upper pivot as per drawing #1.
3. Gently pull on the windshield as per drawing #2 towards the front of the vehicle for the upper pivot to slide to the end onto the upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
4. Lower the windshield as per drawing #3 and the upper pivot will catch the second upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
5. Adjust the height of the upper clamp first by ensuring the overall leveling.
6. Tighten all screws regarding the upper pivot.
7. Adjust the height of the clamp to the lower pivot and slide arm and use "T" knob to lock in place.
Drawing #4 shows the position you should have when windshield is closed.
8. Tighten all remaining screws and nuts.
To operate the tilt mechanism :
1. Unlock by loosening both "T" knobs (without removing them).
2. From inside the cab, gently tilt out (both side at the same time) the upper windshield to the desired position. Note that there are 3 pre-determined positions on the slide arm; closed, halfopened and fully-extended
3. Lock in place by tightening back both "T" knobs.
To remove the windshield :
With TWO people, remove both "T" knobs and follow reverse instructions 4, 3 & 2 of step #f).
The tilt mechanism is designed for cooling the airflow in warm temperatures. Note that any open positions
are designed for LOW-SPEED operation ONLY.
At HIGH SPEED RIDING or when TRANSPORTING the vehicle, the windshield must be CLOSED.
High speed running or trailering with windshield open may cause failure and is not covered by any
2. Maintenance and Care
Tighten all hardware after first use and periodically thereafter.