Brand: Kolpin Powersports
The Polaris Ranger (2013-2017) Full-Tilting Windshield by Kolpin protects you and your passengers from the elements.This versatile windshield incorporates a three-position tilt mechanism allowing you to adjust it from fully closed,to half extended,to fully extended.This is the toughest windshield available made from the best materials on the market! This windshield for the Polaris Ranger has it all, options of air flow base on your preferences, scratch resistant, top quality and all backed by the best powersports company in the business, Kolpin!
READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLATION TO AVOID INJURY TO YOURSELF,
DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE OR ACCESSORY.
• FOR PROPER INSTALLATION, TWO PEOPLE ARE REQUIRED.
• TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED WHEN TIGHTENING BOLTS.
• AS SPECIFIED ON CARTON LABEL, ONCE PROTECTIVE FILM ON SHIELDS IS REMOVED, PRODUCT CANNOT BE RETURNED.
• AS SPECIFIED ON CARTON LABEL, DAMAGE CAUSED BY PACKAGING STAPLES IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. ALL STAPLES MUST BE REMOVED PRIOR TO REMOVING PRODUCT FROM CARTON.
• FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY MAY VOID ANY WARRANTABLE COMPONENTS AND RESULT IN PRODUCT DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY.
• DO NOT USE LOCKTITE OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR FASTENER ADHESIVE. THESE TYPES OF PRODUCTS REACT TO PLASTICS AND CAUSE CRACKING. NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
• OUR WINDSHIELDS ARE MADE FROM THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL PROVIDING OPTIMUM TRANSPARENCY AND CLARITY. BLURRINESS AND/OR EXTRUSION MARKS MAY OR MAY NOT APPEAR WHEN LOOKING THROUGH WINDSHIELD FROM A WIDE, SIDE-ANGLE. THIS IS NORMAL FOR ALL EXTRUDED CLEAR PLASTIC MATERIALS
These instructions contain important information for future reference and must be given to the customer at time of purchase or upon completion of installation.
a) To apply the co-extruded bulb seal (Item B) to the windshield (Item A), find a
clean flat area where you can lay down the windshield. Partially remove the
protective film on both sides and apply the co-extruded bulb seal to the lower lip
using manual pressure to ensure good adhesion to the windshield. (The seal has
an internal steel wire structure, a wire cutter is required to cut the extra length)
b) To attach pivot components to the windshield (Item A), as per step a), find a clean flat area where you can lay down the windshield. Partially remove the protective film where components (Item E & F) are to be attached and follow drawings below. Do not tighten the screws that are passing through the windshield, they will be tightened later in step d).
c) Attach clamps (Item C) to the roll cage of your vehicle as per drawings. Do not tighten at this stage; you will need to make adjustments later on.
d) Attach upper windshield to the machine by following instructions below.
1. Make sure that both upper clamps are at the same height.
2. Hold the windshield horizontally and slide it down by ensuring that both upper pivot
cylinder adaptors are going through the upper pivot as per drawing #1.
3. Pull gently on the windshield as per drawing #2 towards the front of the vehicle for the
upper pivot to slide to the end onto the upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
4. Lower the windshield as per drawing #3 and the upper pivot will catch the second
upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
5. Adjust the height of the upper clamp first by ensuring the overall leveling.
6. Tighten all screws regarding the upper pivot.
7. Adjust the height of the clamp to the lower pivot and slide arm and use ‘T’ knob to lock
in place. Drawing #4 shows the position you should have when windshield is closed.
8. Tighten all remaining screws and nuts with specified torque indicated on next page.
Caution: Over tightening any hardware could cause irreversible damage to the windshield.
To operate the tilt mechanism:
Simply loosen both ‘T’ knobs (without removing them) and push on the windshield from the inside of the cab until the desired position is reached. Then tighten knobs. Note that there are 3 pre-determined positions on the slide arm; closed, half-opened and fully-extended.
• The tilt mechanism is designed for cooling the airflow in warm temperatures.
• Note that any open positions are designed for low-speed operation ONLY.
• At high speed riding or when transporting the vehicle, the windshield must be closed.
To remove the upper windshield:
Remove both ‘T’ knobs and follow reverse instructions 4, 3 & 2 of step #d).
2. Maintenance and Care
Tighten all hardware after first use and periodically thereafter.