Brand: Extreme Metal Products
Keep your cargo clean and dry with this stylish plastic bed cover. The rear section is hinged and folds forward on the front to allow easy access with and without the tailgate open. It attaches to your stock bed with rubber expansion plugs that go into the holes on the top of the stock bed. Easy Tool- Less removal makes taking it on an off very easy and fast. The front section is about 4” higher than the stock bed allowing clearance for a full size cooler like the one pictured with space left over for other cargo too.
We reserve the right to make modifications/improvements to our products at any time. Vehicles may have changes throughout the year. Therefore, pictures are a representation of the product you will be getting but may vary due to product revisions.
Polaris General Bed Cover
Fits: 2016-17 General 1000 EPS
1. Bed Cover (Front and Rear sections)
2. ( 1) Aluminum Channel ( 1315 6-02)
3. (1) Aluminum Angle -Door Stifferner (13156-05)
1. (6) 13156-10 (1-1/2" Dia x 2-1/4" Long Rubber Bushings
2. (6) 1/4-20 x 4" Eyebolts
3. (6) 1/4" x 1-1/4" Fender Washers (Black)
4. (6) 1/4" T-Nut.
5. (17) 1/4-20 x 3/4" Truss HD Screws (Black)
6. (4) 1/4-20 x 3/4" Flange HD Bolts (Black)
7. (22) 1/4-20 Nylon Nuts (Black)
8. (8) 1/4" Flat Washers
9. (2) Hold Down Brackets (13156-04)
10. (1) Side Bracket (13156-03, LH)
11. (1) Side Bracket (13156-03, RH)
12. (1) Logo Sticker.
1. Phillips Screwdriver
2. 7/16" Open End Wrench
3. 7/16" Socket Wrench
4. 3/8" Socket Wrench
Installation should be done by a certified technician.
Start with the rear section first:
1. Bolt the hold down brackets (13156-04) to the back using (1)Trust HD Screw and (1) Nylon Nut per side (see Fig. 1 and Fig. 2)
2. Bolt the side Brackets (13156-03) to the sides using (2) Truss HD screws and (2) Nylon nuts per side(see Fig 1.)
Note: These are to hold the sides tight against the side of the bed when it is closed.
3. Move to the rear section.
4. Bolt the Side Brackets (13156-03) to the sides using (2) Truss HD screws and (2) Nylon nuts per side (see Fig. 1). These are specific for each side.
Note: These are to hold the sides tight against the sides of the bed when it is closed.
5. Bolt the Aluminium Stiffener Channel (13156-02) to the under sides of the rib using (4)Truss HD screw and Nylon nuts (see Fig. 3).
6. Assemble the (6) tie-down plungers to the holes in the cover. You will use the Eye-bolts, large washers, rubber bushings and T-Nuts. Assemble these to the holes in the front section. The large washer will go on the top and the rubber bushings and T-Nuts will go on the bottom Side. Slide the threaded end of the eye-bolt through all of them. These will expand in the holes in your stock bed holding the cover to your stock bed.
7. Assemble the rear section to the front section using (2) 1/4-20 Flange Bolts and (2) Nylon nnuts per side/hinge. These will give you the desired tension on the hinges depending on how tight you make them(see Fig, 4).
8. Bolt the resr Door stiffener angle to the rear section using the remaining Truss head screws and nylon nuts(see Fig.5).
9. Attach the assembly to the stock bed by simply turning the eyebolts and expanding the rubber bushings(see Fig. 7).
5. Using the Lower Door Panel as a template, mark and drill a hole for the last bolt location using the¼" Drill Bit. (See picture SA} Use the last Flange Head Bolts here if you like, (1) for each door. *If you prefer the look of the Pan Head Bolt in this location, we have included (2) extra to be used there instead. Add a Nylon Flange Nut to the back of the bolt and carefully tighten.
6. Using the wrench and screwdriver, install the Side Panels using the Rubber Coated Straps, and the remaining Pan Head Bolts and Nylon Flange Nuts, (3) of each on either side of the vehicle. (See picture 6A} **EMP does not recommend using a cordless driver, as you do not want to strip the Pan Head Bolts. **
7. Install the Side Bubble Rubber gasket along the bottoms of both doors, starting at the corner. (See picture lA}