Brand: Kolpin Powersports
The Kolpin X-Pansion system (KXP) for ATVs uses Kolpin's unique expansion plunger. It was specially designed for mounting to existing O.E.M. rack mounts. Simply attach and tighten with NO tools, and ride! The Kolpin KXP system provides secure accessory positioning with quick and easy changeover.
1. Attach the Boottector Plate to the Base Plate using the (3) 5/16" Carriage bolts, (3) flat washers and (3) 5/16” Nylon nuts. Tighten loosely until final positioning is completed when the bracket is on the machine.
2. Next, insert the Spline through the Gun Boot Bracket as shown above in the illustration.
3. Place the Dust Cover on the back side of the Spline. Attach the Boottector Bracket to the Spline and the Dust Cover using (4) ¼” x 3/4” Truss Head Bolts, and (4) ¼” Nylon Nuts, with the Nylock Nuts on the back side of the Dust Cover. Do not fully tighten, as the spline is adjustable in the slotted bracket for fine-tuning the angle of the Gun Boot to your ATV.
4. Attach the (2) – KXP PLUNGERS to the base plate. Align the bracket on the ATV rack so the both plungers line up with the existing mount locations. Simply place the threads of the plunger through the holes on the Base Plate and thread on the KXP Handle. The picture shown at the top is how the KXP Plungers will be if you are mounting this to the right side of the ATV. This bracket is designed to work on either the left or right side of the vehicle.
5. Make sure the bracket is flat on the rack and tighten each KXP plunger securely.
6. Attach the Boottector Housing on the spline at the desired angle. Insert the Gun Boot for a test fit, and at this point, you can make small adjustments by rotating the Boottector and letting the mounted spline assembly move slightly in the slots. When you get to the desired location, take the Gun Boot and Housing off the spline and tighten the (4) bolts holding the spline assembly to the bracket.
7. Secure the housing to the bracket with the turn knob. Insert “barrel end” of the Gun Boot through the Boottector Housing and insert the Locking Pins through the holes in Housing making sure to capture the hole and the slots in the Gun Boot. Adjust the bracket for distance and angle, and then tighten securely.
CAUTION: Always make sure gun is unloaded before placing it in your Gun Boot!