Brand: Extreme Metal Products
Add style and function to your UTV with the Cooter Brown Universal UTV Roof. Made from the same ultra tough material used to make OEM fenders, this 3/16 inch thick Thermoformed polyethylene roof will take any abuse you give it. Don't confuse this top with other plastic tops that are manufactured with thinner plastics. You can rest assured that this universal UTV roof by EMP is one of the toughest on the market. It won't crack like other ABS roofs.
Despite the name, this Cooter Brown Universal UTV Roof is black in color. Cooter Brown is a product line from EMP. As one of our most popular selling roofs, you'll enjoy how light and easy to install this roof is. Keep the rain, the sun, and other elements off of you and your passenger. EMP manufactures their products in the United States. So not only do you get a good American-made product that's rugged and ready to use, but you also get a great value.
The rubber coated hardware is provided with each Universal UTV Roof by EMP and helps keep noise to a minimum. Please note, this roof does NOT fit the Polaris Pro Fit Cages.
Cooter Brown Universal UTV Top
Fits: Rhino, Ranger, Teryx, Mule 3010/4010, Case, and others.
I. (!)Telescoping Universal Top.
2. (6) 1-3/4" Wide Rubber Coated Straps.
3. (6) 2" Rubber Coated Straps.
4. (7) 1/4-20 x I" Black Truss Head Screw - Phillips.
5. (13) 1/4" Nylon Flange Nuts-Black
6. (4) Plastic Rivets
7. (13) 1/4 x 1-1/4 O.D. Black Washers.
8. (6) 1/4-20 x 1-1/4" Black Truss Head Screw.
9. (2) 1/4-20 x 2-1/4" Black Flange Bolts (Ranger Only).
I 0. (2) 1-1 /8" Long Spacers (Polaris Ranger Only).
11. (2) PIN 9881 1-3/4" Quick Clamp (Polaris Ranger Only).
12. (I) Double sided tape 3 ft. (3M 5962) (stuck to one side of the top)
13. (I) Logo Sticker.
2. 3/8" Socket Wrench
3. 7/16" Socket Wrench
4. Electric Drill with a 1/4" Drill Bit.
5. IO mm Socket (Rangers Only)
This is a universal top. There are no returns once you drill any holes or tape this top. No Exceptions, so take your time and do it right.
I. Telescope the top into the correct width depending on your vehicle. Mark the correct location.
2. Using the double sided tape and primer tape the two halves together. NOTE: follow the directions in the tape box and once you tape it you will not be able lo take it apan. It will take up to 72 hours to harden.
3. You may not need to bolt the two halves together, depending on your application and preference.
4. Drill holes into the inner side using the outer side for a template.
5. Remove clamps and run gasket between the two halves. Put it in the best location for your application.
6. Bolt the two pieces together using the I" bolts, nuts, and washers.
7. Locate the best position (front to rear) depending on your application and other accessories such as windshields.
8. Use the best size rubber coated straps for you application. Some units (such as the MULE) will require both sizes.
9. Using at least three straps on the from and at least two on the rear. Put the strap around the cage and use the strap holes for drill guides. Take you time and do it right.
I 0. Using the 1-1/4'" bolts, nuts. lender washers, and flat washers. Attach your top to your cage. Th.: large washers go on top and the smaller washer on the bottom.
Ranger Owners: You will use the spacers and quick clamps for the rear bar. The rear bar on the Ranger is lower than the other bars. The spacers will make the cage mounting points all the same height. See the picture to the right.