Brand: Kolpin Powersports
Now you can easily take along gear and supplies you would normally leave behind! No more straining to lift heavy items onto the back of your ATV ... just lower the 8.0" tall, cable-supported tailgate to load and unload. When you are finished, just lock it in the upright position for transport.
Convertible Rack Rear Drop - 53350
Drop Basket Assembly:
1. Lay out the four sections of the Drop Rack. The fully Welded Basket, the Mesh Platform and the Left and Right Side Rails. The Left and Right Sides will be made of 1.5” tubing with the indented holes facing outwards (when position on rear of ATV).
2. Check to see that all the plastic plugs are inside the ends of the 1 inch tubing on the Mesh Platform. These will prevent any excess noise and stabilize the basket.
3. Using the (4) Platform assembly bolts, attach the Mesh Platform to the Left and Right Side Rails using the (4) Platform Assembly Bolts and the Allen Wrench provided. Some type of lock-tight can be placed on the bolts to prevent any loosening of the bolts during operation. Do not tighten securely at this point.
4. Insert the Welded Basket in between the Left and Right Side Rails. For the dropped position use the holes at the top of the Basket. If you would like, to have the Basket Raised, simply use the holes located at the bottom of the Basket. Attach using the (4) Basket Assembly Bolts, (4) Washers, and (4) Nylon Nuts provided. Note: The basket section can also be used by itself, either on the front or rear rack. Mounting instructions below are the same if you choose to use this configuration.
5. Tighten all hardware securely!
NOTE: Be sure to periodically check hardware, as vibration will tend to loosen hardware over time.
NOTE: Extra length is given on the u-bolt to allow numerous ATV applications. If too much extra thread is showing you can cut the u-bolt to accommodate your use.
Drop Basket Mounting:
1. Place the Basket on the rear rack of your ATV in the desired position.
2. Next, take the U-Bolts provided and install under your ATV Rack and up through the Mesh Platform. Ideally you will want the U-Bolts to go around the strapping on the base of the Mesh Platform. This will provide the most secure mounting application. If the straps cannot be reached, position the U-Bolt as close as possible to the straps provided.
3. Now, place the Metal Cross Brace over the top of the U-Bolt, and install the lock nuts. 4. Next, tighten the Nylon Nuts equally until the rack is secure. Place Rubber Caps on exposed threads for safety.
Drop Basket Use:
Note that the Basket is designed to transport only as much as your ATV recommends. Do not carry more than the ATV manufacturer recommends, as too much weight can result in loss of steering and could lead to serious injury or death