EZ-STEER power steering kit for the Can-Am Commander is the most advanced kit on the market. Designed to make your ride better, EZ-STEER drastically reduces steering effort allowing for longer more enjoyable rides. Along with enhanced steering, power steering will virtually eliminate bump steer and provide a smooth and consistent ride.
Unlike other kits, EZ-STEER has sealed input and output shaft as well as a unique injection molded Control Box seal guaranteeing a 100% watertight kit. What does this mean for you? Submerge, pressure wash, or hose- our sealed circuit board is guaranteed to keep you going.
Each EZ-STEER design endures rigorous testing to ensure the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. Maneuver through the rocks and technical terrain with more control. Speed through uneven terrain without wheel jerk. Dominate the mud holes and come out with ease.
*Pricing mentioned in video reflects 2015 pricing which is no longer offered by the manufacturer. The price shown at the top of the page is the lowest retail price offered by the manufacturer, and cannot be found elsewhere for less.
Bracket Assembly Reference
Removal: keep all components removed from machine
Remove Steering Wheel.
- Remove Steering Shaft from Steering Column.
- Remove stock Steering Column from Rack and Pinion and machine.
- Models with stock power steering, see following page.
- Remove Voltage Regulator and Ground Wires.
Installation: Do not tighten hardware completely unless noted.
1. Install Lower Shaft (E) to Rack and Pinion with supplied hardware. See Fig. 1.
2. Install Mounting Bracket (P) to Passenger Side of stock Bracket with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS
and M6-1.0 Nylock Nut. Complete installation with M10-1.50 x 50mm Lg. FHCS and M10 Plate Nut.
See Figs. 2 - 3.
3. Install Voltage Regulator to Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS and
M6-1.0 Nylock Nuts. Install Voltage Regulator to lowest point on Regulator Relocating Bracket (N).
See Figs. 2 - 2a.
- Install Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) to Driver Side of stock Bracket. Join Regulator Relocating
Bracket (N) and Mounting Bracket (P) together with M6-1.0 x 30mm Lg. FHCS and M6-1.0 Nylock
Nut. See Figs. 2 - 3.
4. Reinstall Ground Wires to Regulator Relocating Bracket (N) and stock Bracket with stock hardware.
See Figs. 2 - 2a.
5. Install Motor (C) to Lower Shaft (E) with supplied hardware. See Motor Shafts Detail and Fig. 4.
6. Bolt Motor Bracket (F) to Motor (C) with M8-1.25 x 20mm Lg. FHCS. Secure Motor Bracket (F) to
Mounting Bracket (P) with M8-1.25 x 25mm Lg. FHCS and M8-1.25 Nylock Nuts. See Fig. 4.
7. Install Upper Shaft (D) to Motor (C) with supplied hardware. See Fig. 4.
8. Install ECU (A) to Motor Bracket (F) with M6-1.0 x 15mm Lg. HHCS; tighten hardware.
- Plug in Wire Harness (B). See Wiring Details page 10.
9. Install stock Steering Shaft to Upper Shaft (D) and reinstall Steering Wheel.
10. Ensure no components are binding, rubbing, or causing interference and tighten all hardware
(illustrations continue on following pages)