Brand: Kolpin Powersports
The Arctic Cat Prowler Full-Tilting Windshield by Kolpin protects you and your passengers from the elements.This versatile windshield incorporates a three-position tilt mechanism allowing you to adjust it from fully closed,to half extended,to fully extended. You also have the ability to quickly remove the top panel,creating a convenient half windshield.This is the toughest windshield available made from the best materials on the market!
Note: Open positions are designed for low-speed airflow ONLY. High-speed riding or trailering require the windshield to be in the FULL CLOSED position.
Please read and understand these instructions completely before installation to avoid injury to yourself, damage to the vehicle or accessory
Be certain to follow all specifications. For proper installation, two people are required
Dealer: These instructions contain important information for future reference and must be given to the customer at time of purchase or
upon completion of installation. Torque specifications must be followed when tightening bolts.
a) To apply the edge guard (Item C) to the lower windshield (Item B), find a
clean flat area where you can lay down the windshield. Partially remove the
protective film on both sides and apply the edge guard using manual pressure
to ensure good adhesion to the windshield
b) Find a clean flat area where you can lay down the upper windshield (Item A). Partially remove the protective film and apply the self adhesive foam cushion (Item D) using manual pressure to ensure good adhesion to the windshield. Attach pivot components as per drawings. All screws that are passing through the windshield will be tightened later. Do not over-tighten the screws that combine the slide arm with the lower pivot, those 2 parts need to swivel.
c) Attach clamps (Item E & F) to the roll cage of your vehicle as per drawings. Do not tighten at this stage; you will need to make adjustments later on. If your vehicle is equipped with a rear view mirror, you will need to relocate it order to allow full functionality to the windshield using supplied bracket and fasteners as shown below.
d) Install the lower windshield to all four lower clamps using supplied hardware (Item G) without applying final torque. Adjust the position of the windshield and tighten all screws with specified torque indicated below. Ensure that the windshield is perfectly level before tightening. If the windshield isn’t level, windshield functions will be affected. Over tightening clamps to roll bar could cause parts failure.
e) Attach upper windshield to the machine by following instructions below.
1. Make sure that both upper clamps are at the same height.
2. Hold the upper windshield horizontally and slide it down by ensuring that both upper pivot cylinder adaptors are going through the upper pivot as per drawing #1
3. Pull gently on the windshield as per drawing #2 towards the front of the vehicle for the upper pivot to slide to the end onto the upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
4. Lower the windshield as per drawing #3 and the upper pivot will catch the second upper pivot cylinder adaptor.
5. Adjust the height of the upper clamps only by ensuring the overall leveling and good fit of both windshield parts.
6. Tighten all screws regarding the upper pivot.
7. Adjust the height of the clamp to the lower pivot and slide arm and use ‘T’ knob to lock in place. Drawing #4 shows the position you should have when windshield is closed.
8. Tighten all remaining screws and nuts.
To operate the tilt mechanism:
Simply loosen both ‘T’ knobs (without removing them) and push on the upper windshield from the inside of the cab until the desired position is reached. Then tighten knobs. Note that there are 3 predetermined positions on the slide arm; closed, half-opened and fully-extended.
To remove the upper windshield:
Remove both ‘T’ knobs and follow reverse instructions 4, 3 & 2 of step #e).
2. Maintenance and Care
Tighten all hardware after first use and periodically thereafter.